ESEC/FSE workshops provide forums for small-group discussions on topics in software engineering research and practice. Workshops also provide opportunities for researchers to exchange and discuss scientific and engineering ideas at an early stage, before they have matured to warrant conference or journal publication. In this manner, an FSE workshop serves as an incubator for a scientific community that forms and shares a particular research agenda. Each workshop at ESEC/FSE 2020 is one or two days long (no half-day workshops) and will be held before the main conference.
Call for Workshop Proposals
ESEC/FSE 2020 is soliciting proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the main conference. Workshops aim to provide opportunities for exchanging views, advancing ideas, and discussing preliminary results in various areas of software engineering research and applications. Workshops are not an alternative forum for presenting full research papers. If you would like to bring together a group of researchers on a topic you consider relevant and exciting, you should consider submitting a workshop proposal to ESEC/FSE. Workshops will be held before the research track. Proposals for workshops after the main track can be considered but are subject to the availability of proper spaces. Prospective workshop organizers are encouraged to contact the workshop chairs should any questions arise.
All dates are 23:59:59 AoE (UTC-12h).
- Deadline for workshop proposals submission April 8, 2020
- Deadline for notification April 22, 2020
- Deadline for workshop papers submissions are up to workshop chairs. We suggest the following:
- Workshop papers submission (suggested period) July 1 — July 15, 2020
- Workshop papers notification Aug 26, 2020
- Workshop papers camera-ready (hard) Sept 18, 2020
AUTHORS TAKE NOTE: The official publication date is the date the proceedings are made available in the ACM Digital Library. This date may be up to two weeks prior to the first day of your conference. The official publication date affects the deadline for any patent filings related to published work.
- David Lo (Singapore Management University)
- Vladimir Filkov (UC Davis)
Workshop proposals must be up to 4 pages in length and conform to the ACM Conference Format. Each proposal should contain the following information:
- Contact details of the organizers, including the identification of the main contact.
- A brief (max 175 words) abstract of the goals and format of the workshop intended for the ESEC/FSE 2020 web pages. The theme, goals, and topics of the workshop, as well as a motivation of its relevance and timeliness, including an account of the workshop’s history (if any).
- The workshop format, including desired length (1 or 2 days), forms of participation supported (demo, position statement, panel discussion, working session, …) and plans for generating and stimulating discussion at the workshop. Specify if the workshop intends to publish its proceedings in the ACM digital library (under negotiation for all ESEC/FSE 2020 workshops).
- The paper selection procedure, including the types of papers permitted (demos, short, long, position statements, … together with page limits), the expected dates for submission and notification of acceptance, names of proposed and confirmed program committee members.
- A short description of the workshop and a link to a detailed workshop web page to be used on the ESEC/FSE 2020 web page.
- Publicity plans, including a motivated assessment of the number of expected participants, as well as the participant solicitation and selection process (also indicate whether the workshop will be open or closed).
- Follow-up plans, explaining how the workshop results are expected to be used.
- A brief biography of each organizer, including past experience in workshop organization.
Ideally, a workshop proposal should consist of a two-page description (to be included in the conference proceedings, if accepted) and an appendix (up to two pages) containing additional material, if appropriate.
Workshop proposals should be sent to the chairs via easychair.